Ohuukk (x10)... Ya Allaah


I started coughing end November, about three weeks before departure. It got worst upon arrival in Madinah... I would woke-up in middle of the night coughing and gasping for breath. The cough continued in Makkah, no more gasping but it felt like someone kicked my ribcage everytime I coughed. Upon arrival home, I caught flu and fever. After 3 months, I feel much better. Still have occasional cough but no pain, flu or fever.

That was the worst illness, pain and discomfort in my entire life.
The cough could be due to cold drinks, fizzy drinks, weather, dust etc. I view it as physical and spiritual cleansing. Physical cleansing to purge the toxic grime from my lungs after 25 years of smoking. Indeed, breathing is much more fulfilling today.... I mean air fills-up the lungs to full capacity :)

The three months coughing and writhing is a very humbling experience. The following articles help put that in clear perspective:

Lesson - And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (those patience). Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return" {2. Al-Baqarah: 155 & 156}.
Verily, along with every hardship is relief. Verily, along with every hardship is relief {94. Al-Insyiraah: 5 & 6}. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? {55. Ar-Rahman: Ayat 13, repeated 31 times}.

No comments:

Post a Comment