Al-Quran is a mukjizat from Allah. A friend sent me this point:
" Why do we read Quran, even we can't understand not even a single Arabic???? "At 40 years age, I cannot recite Al-Quran fluently and I didn't know the Tajweed!!! I decided to correct that, and put the following efforts:
An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Qur'an. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.
One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa, I try to read the Qur'an just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?"
The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water." The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again.
This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again. At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house.
The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, "See Grandpa, it's useless!"
"So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket." The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.
"Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives."
- Buy an Al-Quran with translation,
- Buy an Al-Quran with Tajweed marks,
- Buy CD of Al-Quran recitation (Rashid Masyari/Saad Said),
- Buy MP3 player (and record the Al-Quran recitation),
- Instal Al-Quran on the computer,
- Read the translation of Al-Quran,
- Memorise the meaning of Surah Al-Fatihah,
- Listen to Al-Quran recitation and concurrently refer to the Al-Quran with Tajweed marks,
- Register at Al-Quran class to formally learn the Tajweed,
- Ask the Ustaz to listen and correct my recitation of Al-Fatihah,
- Buy Kitab Tafsir Al-Quran which further elaborate each Ayat in Al-Quran,
- Start memorising the shorter Surah for example Juz Amma (Juz 30),
- Planning to attend formal Tafsir class,
- Planning to learn Arabic,
- Planning to memorise Al-Quran.
I hope you will start earlier..... don't wait.
Learn, read and live Al-Quran.